Lisa has over 25 years of non-profit community work, public speaking, and is an advocate for children and their families. Lisa holds a Bachelor of Child Studies specializing in Developmental Disabilities from Mount Saint Vincent University, and a Masters of Education from Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador, specializing in Adult Education. She is also a member of The Academy of Naturopaths and Naturotherapists (ANN).
Lisa is a play and relationship focused, Pivotal Response Therapist (PRT) who knows firsthand the challenges of parenting a child on the autism spectrum. And is certified in Shanker Certified Self-Reg™
She is the creator of Supportive Transitions, a service offered to families and professionals who are working to improve the day-to-day lives of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This service provides practical, evidence-based strategies to unravel the challenges brought to families and individuals with Autism, Anxiety, ADHD, OCD, and developmental trauma.
Lisa is a firm believer that empowered parents, holistic care, and empathic relationships are powerful, and often missing pieces of pediatric interventions and care. In her private practice she has seen families make powerful changes for their children. Watching families learn the positive tools of Pivotal Response Therapy and Emotional Regulation has become a passion of Lisa’s.
Credentials & Experience
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Child and Youth Studies in Developmental
Disabilities and Program Development, Mount Saint Vincent University,
Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Masters of Education in Post-Secondary Studies/Adult Education,
Memorial University, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- Certified in Pivotal Response Treatment Therapy for Autism, University
of California, Santa Barbara, USA.
- Certified in Self-Reg™ through The MERHIT Center in Ontario.
- Certified Level 1 Play Therapy from The Canadian Association for Child and Play Therapy.
- Post-Secondary Instructor in Early Childhood Education, Special Needs and Student Assisting.
- Supported adult learners within post-secondary settings.
- Created and facilitated Play Pals Autism Intervention Play Group.
- Co-created Eating on The Spectrum: Parent Information Sessions on holistic food interventions for children with ASD.
- Co-Creator of FEAST – Food Exposure Autism Spectrum Therapy.
- Contributed to provincial government and private research projects focused on early intervention services for children and families.
- Over 25 years of public speaking experience.
- Over 25 years of volunteer Board of Directors positions, including Choices For Youth, AECENL, The Children’s Centre, and currently GEMMA (a society for the promotion of infant mental health).